Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Villa Serbelloni















This morning, Eric and I spent our last day in Italy in a very special place on Lake Como - the Villa Serbelloni, site of the Rockefeller Foundation's Bellagio Conference and Study Center. Eric's father Bill and his mother Betsy had spent many years at the Villa when Bill was the Director of the Center. Eric and his siblings Peter and Annie spent their school holidays at the Villa, and Eric was eager to return to the place that held so many happy memories for his family. We were invited to tour the grounds of the Villa, which is located on a hill high above the beautiful lake town of Bellagio.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. It always amazes me that there are so many beautiful places in this world, and the Villa is certainly one of them. I'm so happy that you and Eric had the opporunity to revist the Villa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ass you might imagine, I certainly wish I was there with you to share these memories. It is amazing to me that both brothers have visited this year--it's my turn next, I guess! I probably spent more months there than anyone, being the youngest, living in Europe, and spending a college semester there as well. Wow, it looks clear and perfect; how lucky for you. Glad you are feeling well, Nancy--how fantastic.

    ReplyDelete